Friday, August 31, 2012

Skating in August



This little skating bird is from one of my new Stampin' Up sets, and I just had to ink it up.  The background is made by masking off a section with a torn piece of masking paper, and then misting with some Stampin' Up reinker in a spray bottle.  I moved the mask up a little the second time I sprayed to make a lighter section near the pond, and a darker section higher in the sky.
I am entering this in the Less is More Challenge, 3-2-1, since  it has 3 primary colors, 2 words, and 1 bird.  It's also going in the Simon Says Stamp AnythingGoes Challenge,   and the Moxie Fab World, Gallon, Quart, Pint Challenge, since I used lots of blue, some red, and a tiny bit of yellow.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. What an adorable little birdie!
    Love the scene Barb
    Terrific card
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he's darling! Love the way you surrounded him! Thanks so much for sharing this with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Barbara, love every little detail! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love how you multi-used the mask. That little bird is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool masking technique Barb! The skating bird is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card Barb! I love that you added the glittered swirls to emphasize that he's skating. So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Barb! Thanks for linking this up to the Gallon/Quart/Pint Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Barb! This card is amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete