Saturday, May 10, 2014

Watercolor Thanks

I took a little "blog break" and now I'm back with lots of inspiration from the Online Card Class Watercolors for Card Makers.  As soon as I read the description for this class, I knew it was perfect for me, since I love to use watercolors and distress inks on my projects.  The colored background for this card was made by stamping distress ink on an acrylic block and then misting and applying to watercolor paper.  It was one of the first techniques taught in the Online Card Class, and I love it!  I placed a Simon Says Stamp diecut with fancy handwriting over it.  It is quite large, and a perfect fit for the color blocked area.

This fits in with the Handwriting Challenge over at the Moxie Fab World. 

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you think about this technique.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love how bright the colors are, and the large "Thanks"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love how vibrant the background is! I usually save that technique for more muted backgrounds, but I'm definitely trying it with brights now I've seen yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card--great colors and the sentiment just pops!

    ReplyDelete